Physical Therapy Services
The Rocky Mountain Therapists bring a wide range of skills and expertise to the treatment of orthopedic and spine injuries. Some clinicians are trained as manual therapists using a variety of joint mobilization techniques to treat joint and spine problems. Other clinicians are certified in athletic training, providing the intervention necessary for returning athletes to the game. And then there are the therapists who specialize in the rehabilitation of the spine, providing therapy focused on increasing strength, stability, and flexibility.
At Rocky Mountain Therapy Service the use of modalities such as ice/heat, electrical stimulation, or ultra sound are used to enhance the therapeutic exercise not replace it. In addition, home exercise programs are included in every treatment session, making the therapy process a shared responsibility between the therapist and patient.
Joint replacements are becoming a household word for people in their 50's, 60's, and 70's.
Outcomes vary from person to person depending on age and the type of procedure performed. While most people focus on the surgery, they forget about the role physical therapy plays in the process.
The Rocky Mountain Therapy Services Clinics offer a Joint Replacement Program that focuses on both sides of surgery-before and after!
A pre-surgery consultation with one of our therapists provides:
- the dos and don'ts after surgery
- what to expect from your body after surgery
- exercises that will prepare your body for surgery
- adaptive strategies to ensure safe and successful return to function
- Understanding of the role that physical therapy plays in the recovery process
After Surgery the therapy is outcome based with intervention that is:
- Focused on return to all activities
- Expedites recovery
- Clinic based with standard exercise equipment and the development of an exercise program that can be transferred into any fitness center or home gym
- More efficient with the use of insurance benefits, working within policy limits