The inner ear is a small snailshaped organ, including the nerve that supplies it.
The job of the inner ear (orvestibular system) is:
To maintain sense of equilibrium and gaze stabilization (eye and head coordination)Detect motions of the head and send neural inputs to the brain to interpret them
The vestibular system is 1 of 3 systems involved in your balance!
- Visual Instability
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Hearing loss
- Motion sensitivity
- Ear fullness
- Neck pain
- Neuritis/ Labyrinthitis
- Unilateral vestibular hypofunction/ loss
- Bilateral Vestibular Loss
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Cervicogenic Dizziness
- Vestibular/ Vertiginous Migraine
- Mal De Debarquement
Physical Therapy which may include:
- Complete vestibular exam with differential diagnosis
- Positional testing and treatment
- VOR testing and rehab
- Balance rehab
- Treatment for associated symptoms and functional limitations
Our STAR, Grantsville & West Jordan locations specialize in this treatment, so if you are struggling with dizziness and balace (vertigo) please call us to schedule an appointment. We would love to help you get back to feeling like yourself and doing the things you want to do.